Ocado appoints new Executive Director
Ocado Group plc (“Ocado”) today announces that Luke Jensen, current CEO of Ocado Solutions, will join the Board as an Executive Director with effect from 1 March 2018.
Luke joined Ocado in February 2017 to lead the Ocado Solutions business and since then he has overseen significant progress with the signing of three international partnerships including Sobeys Inc. in Canada and Groupe Casino in France. Luke also manages the relationship with existing Ocado Solutions client, Morrisons, who successfully launched its store pick operations utilising the OSP platform in 2017.
Luke has extensive experience in strategy, online and grocery retailing. Prior to joining Ocado, Luke was a Senior Advisor at the Boston Consulting Group and previously Group Development Director at Sainsbury’s, with responsibility for all online and digital activities.
Lord Rose, Chairman of Ocado, said: “I am very pleased to welcome Luke to the Ocado Board. Luke has led the Ocado Solutions team which has delivered three international deals for the Company in the past 12 months. The Board is confident that Ocado Solutions will create significant long term value to the Group and we believe it is important to have this business represented at Board level.”
Luke Jensen said: “I am excited to be joining the Board of Ocado at this point in the Group’s growth. My first year has been transformational for the business and I look forward to growing the Ocado Solutions business and to welcoming more major grocers to our expanding list of international partners powered by Ocado Smart Platform.”
- Tim Steiner, Chief Executive Officer, on 01707 228 000
- Duncan Tatton-Brown, Chief Financial Officer, on 01707 228 000
- David Shriver, Director of Communications, on 01707 228 000
- Michelle Clarke, Susanna Voyle, Tulchan Communications on 020 7353 4200
- Luke Jensen joined Ocado in February 2017 as Chief Executive Officer of Ocado Solutions. Prior to joining Ocado, Luke was a Senior Advisor at Boston Consulting Group and previously Group Development Director at Sainsbury’s, where he was responsible for online and digital and all customer facing digital activities. During his career, Luke has also worked at OC&C Strategy Consultants where he was Partner and Head of the Retail and Consumer practice. He graduated from ESCP and holds a Masters in Business and Administration from INSEAD.
- For the purposes of Listing Rule 9.6.13(1), Luke Jensen has not held any publically quoted board positions in the previous five years. There is no information which is required to be disclosed pursuant to Listing Rule 9.6.13R in respect of Luke Jensen.